 CAD / 13847
Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:59:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Christopher Masi wrote:
I prefer to design models using LDGlite instead of LDD, but constantly
checking LDD for part availability is, well, troublesome. I usually wind
up with one computer running LDD and the other running LDGLite just so I
can look at the parts that are available in LDD while I'm running
LDGLite. I considered creating a web page with pictures and part numbers
for all of the available parts, but I gave up... 500 elements was just
too many. So, anyone want to work together and break up the project into
more manageable bits?

Another possibility is to write a program that grabs the info from the XML
files. The available parts are listed in database/bricks/NNNNNNLEGOFactory.tix,
the table to convert the LDD colours to LDraw is in database/ldraw.xml

Some of the part numbers seem to have 9999 prefixed before the LDraw part
number, but other than that they seem to be using standard LDraw part numbers.

It could parse these files, and generate an HTML page.

Anyone?

ROSCO