 CAD / 13860
Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:14:27 GMT

Jason Allemann wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Christopher Masi wrote:
I prefer to design models using LDGlite instead of LDD, but constantly
checking LDD for part availability is, well, troublesome. I usually wind • [...]

I'll volunteer to create some of the images.
I'll volunteer to help create a static web page (if know one minds
really old and only so-so html)

Anyone, anyone...
Chris

I found some time to play around with this again over the weekend.  The data
conversion is much more complete, includes the part names, and is searchable.

http://www.truedimensions.com/lego/misc/lddBrickSet.php

Note that there are still a couple of parts that don't get mapped correctly
though.

Wow, I propose a kludge for creating a list of elements in LDD and
people jump up and point out that LEGO has a list (thanks), and others
go on to design pages that read the information right out of the LDD
files! The only thing that could make this better is if I could get all
those searchable images here on my computer.

Thanks!
Chris

--
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/lego/