 CAD / 13845
  Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

I prefer to design models using LDGlite instead of LDD, but constantly checking LDD for part availability is, well, troublesome. I usually wind up with one computer running LDD and the other running LDGLite just so I can look at the parts that are (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

(...) Another possibility is to write a program that grabs the info from the XML files. The available parts are listed in database/bricks/NNNN...ctory.tix, the table to convert the LDD colours to LDraw is in database/ldraw.xml Some of the part (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

(...) [...] (...) Good point Rosco... I noticed that file too, but that is way beyond my limited abilities :) Chris (18 years ago, 16-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

(...) Well, seeing a challenge there, and not having used XSL before, I started working on a XSL solution :) Got something basic working, I'll let you know when I have something usable ;) ROSCO (18 years ago, 16-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

(...) As Ross mentioned, xsl is definitely the way to go for collecting the data. I actually started playing with the xml files a little while ago. Here's what I currently have: (URL) pretty basic at the moment, being just a static html page, but (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

(...) Ross and Jason... very cool. You tow are great. I must admit, I feel a bit guilty that I can't really help with that kind of endeavor. Chris (18 years ago, 17-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

(...) Well I won't bother then :) But my efforts to date are (URL) here> if anybody wants them. ROSCO (18 years ago, 17-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

Hi Chris, something like that is already available on the official LEGO® website: (URL) perhaps the Lugnet community could improve the list? With a search function? What is still missing is a possibility to add new grey parts in an MLCAD file so (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)

  An even better list (was:Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements)

(URL) (18 years ago, 17-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

(...) It might be possible to set LDD to automatically convert regular greys to bley by remapping a couple of colours in one of the XML files. As you say though, the best way would be for the various editors and converters to recognise bleys (very (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

(...) I found some time to play around with this again over the weekend. The data conversion is much more complete, includes the part names, and is searchable. (URL) that there are still a couple of parts that don't get mapped correctly though. J (18 years ago, 19-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

(...) [...] (...) Wow, I propose a kludge for creating a list of elements in LDD and people jump up and point out that LEGO has a list (thanks), and others go on to design pages that read the information right out of the LDD files! The only thing (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

in addition to the list , would it be possible to make a price per piece avalible in the list. (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Creating a Catalogue of LDD Elements

(...) That's the next thing I am planning to add. If you're not already aware, Marc Nelson Jr. has already done a lot of work towards gathering price information. He's posted prices for many (I'm not sure if he's done them all) of the brick (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad)