 CAD / 13445
Re: Finding a rotation matrix for a triangle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:28:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
   I think you are getting two things a little crossed here but I will try to answer you questions.

Heh, probably ;-)

Well, perhaps I got the math part, and definition process a bit mixed up: I’d just like to have a program that, from a three coordinates on a plane, can give me a rotation vector+angle that I can enter in MLCad... And I’m a total hack when it comes to math: A perpendicular vector just seemed like the perfect starting point for a program that should give you an output that could help you place a primitive on the right side of a plane.

But I’m afraid I’m in way over my head with the wikipedia formula: It looks like it will need (a lot of) modifications to give an output that can be used in MLCad (xyz+ angle). And the addition of the mystical t-thing...

...anyone?

Anyways, thanks for the formula for the perpendicular vector Tim: I have this wierd feeling that I’m going to need it for something, althought I can’t put my finger on it right now...

Cheers NB