 CAD / 13440
Re: Finding a rotation matrix for a triangle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:35:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Niels Bugge wrote:
Uhm, it's the rotation VECTOR I need... The rotation matrix would just screw up
the dimensions of the primitive.

So does anyone have a program or formula that can give me the rotation vector of
a triangle?

-NB

Hi Niels,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the rotation vector of a triangle? There
isn't really one as a triangle is defined by three points (9 components)
whereas
a rotation matrix/vector is defined by only 1 point (3 components). A general
matrix could be defined which maps a given triangle to the new triangle but
that
isn't really useful.

Tim