 CAD / 1236
Re: ANN: LDLite 1.6 Released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 07:27:40 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

I'm downloading it now (slowly, slowly).  Just tell me that the
wood3.dat lives on, somewhere.  That one is such a sweet little model.

The woodpecker lives on, now called wood4.dat and available from the
ldlite page.  I had to change the model, since I changed the color
names in 1.6.

- The 'twirl mode' seems to go a bit flaky, because of the way LDAO sets
up the viewing files.  If anyone wants to use a twirler during an edit
session, they should set the LDAO view-setting to Front, and then use
LDLite's settings to do everything else.

You're using -t and -p at the same time? Oh, you wackey users! :)

- If there is user-activity in LDAO while LDLite is re-rendering, the
final view may not get drawn.  This is at least partially because LDAO
identifies the 'child' LDLite window by looking for the 'Finished'
message which used to appear in the window title.

Oops.  Sorry about that. At least "ldlite" should always be in the
title bar now.

Another thing I just stumbled across:

- Launching a file into LDLite from LDAO results in a window
caption/title of 'Untitled - ldlite'.

In version 1.6, if you pass a command line filename that is not
is not an absolute path or in the current directory, the MFC
underpinnings to LDLite cannot find the file.  LDLite eventually
finds the file in the standard search path, but by that time the
filename is not in the title bar and does not appear on the recent
files menu list.  Work-around: always use the absolute path name.
LDAO launching works on my machine, here's the section from
ldraw.ini:

[Ldlite_1.6]
Internal=False
RequiresFile=True
RunInBAT=False
NeedsShortName=True
MenuCaption=L&dlite_1.6
ButtonCaption=L&dlite_1.6
ToolText=Render model with Ldlite version 1.6
CommandLine=%base%\ldlite\ldlite_1_6.exe %model% %parm%
WorkingDirectory=%base%

Related bugs: MPD files sometimes end up with 'Untitled', and
sometimes if you change the "Options" settings you end up
with 'Untitled'.  I'll try and squash these.

The wireframe mode is very nice.  I'll have to try it on something
large.  Good thing I've got something large handy.

WhachagotSteveWhatchagot?Huh?LemmeSee!

-gyug