 CAD / 1224
Re: ANN: LDLite 1.6 Released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:25:24 GMT

I'm downloading it now (slowly, slowly).  Just tell me that the
wood3.dat lives on, somewhere.  That one is such a sweet little model.

BTW, the heading text for the source code link needs to be updated.  It
specifies the source-code as MS-VC++ 5.0.

Does this version still work with LDAO's editors? I'll check right now.
Yep, looks acceptable (at least after the rigorous 5-minute test
process).  There are two immediate problems, one minor, one
previously-existing:

- The 'twirl mode' seems to go a bit flaky, because of the way LDAO sets
up the viewing files.  If anyone wants to use a twirler during an edit
session, they should set the LDAO view-setting to Front, and then use
LDLite's settings to do everything else.

- If there is user-activity in LDAO while LDLite is re-rendering, the
final view may not get drawn.  This is at least partially because LDAO
identifies the 'child' LDLite window by looking for the 'Finished'
message which used to appear in the window title.

Another thing I just stumbled across:

- Launching a file into LDLite from LDAO results in a window
caption/title of 'Untitled - ldlite'.

The wireframe mode is very nice.  I'll have to try it on something
large.  Good thing I've got something large handy.

Steve