 CAD / 12070
  Howto on : BFC "Hold" on 47457.dat

I got an e-mail notice that a review of 47457.dat revealed BFC errors. I really don't know how to check for BFC compliance. All I did was to turn the part around to see if any of it was red. I know there's a caveat that some lines bleed red. I (...) (20 years ago, 1-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Howto on : BFC "Hold" on 47457.dat

Given that the part isn't BFC-certified (no BFC comments in the file at all), it by definition cannot contain any BFC errors. For reasons I don't understand, L3Lab is displaying it as if it were BFC-certified. I would suggest pointing out to Steffan (...) (20 years ago, 1-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Howto on : BFC "Hold" on 47457.dat

(...) Hummm... aside from the apparent L3Lab bug, how DO I make 47457.dat BFC compliant? I'm sure the process is more than just flipping the image around to see if any red shows up. (20 years ago, 1-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Howto on : BFC "Hold" on 47457.dat

(...) It's a bug in L3Lab - it assumes the top-level file is BFC by default. Since most model files will naturally be BFC-compliant, this works great for viewing models. But it doesn't work correctly for viewing part files directly. Steve (20 years ago, 1-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Howto on : BFC "Hold" on 47457.dat

(...) This has nothing (well, almost nothing) to do with BFC, but your tube on the underside of the part should use stud4a, up to the point where the tube meets main part. (...) Chris Dee explained the basic process tracking down non-compliant (...) (20 years ago, 1-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Howto on : BFC "Hold" on 47457.dat

(...) Lots of thanks for the reviews! I'll make the amends later this week and resubmit. Forward and onward! :-) Edwin (20 years ago, 1-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Howto on : BFC "Hold" on 47457.dat

(...) Well, L3Lab is from the days where there wasn't an official header in parts files. So L3Lab assumes you are looking at a model file. When viewing part files you must turn off BFC in the View menu. I'm embarrassed to admit that I have already (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.cad)