 CAD / 11506
  Re: ldraw newbie

(...) It's a lot easier with a specialized minifig modeler program. There are several choices for the PC, but I don't know if MCB has one yet. Maybe you could try and convince Orion to work on his LDDP minifig modeler plugin to make it portable? I'm (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: ldraw newbie

(...) LOL. Yeah Orion, how about it? :-) What is it written in now? James (20 years ago, 4-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: ldraw newbie

(...) The vast majority of my work is in Delphi (with a small smattering of C and VB for good measure) As far a portabiliy is concerned, I'm not sure if I can. The way windows are created across platform is fundimentally different. I would have to (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: ldraw newbie

(...) Yeah, but there are cross platform toolkits for that sort of thing. I was thinking of using your minifig.ini file. I like the extensibility that it offers. I think I could whip up something portable pretty quick if I saw how you parse the ini (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: ldraw newbie

(...) It's simple. I'll write at post it this weekend. (...) For cross platform compatibiliy, since I can't write a GUI, I have to parse META commands. Here's an example: 0 LDDPMINIFIGGEN HEAD 3626B 14 45 This would output a minifig with the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: ldraw newbie  [DAT]

(...) Do you mean LDraw meta-commands? Or some command system called META? Anyway, you could look at LDAO's set of meta-commands for modelling minifigs. At least as a starting point. It's pretty straight-forward. LDAO's minifig modeller generates (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: ldraw newbie

(...) What do you think about the MLCAD.INI file format? It seems to contain the same sort of information as the minifig.ini file, but it's already documented, and so far it's been updated fairly promptly. It'd be really nice to standardize on one (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad)

  META-command System For Creating Minifigs?

(...) If there is a universally working* META-command system for creating minifigs, be it LDAO's, LDDPMINIFIGGEN or any other, I'd like to push for it to be more or less an official standard. As I haven't been that engaged in this side of LCad, I am (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: META-command System For Creating Minifigs?

(...) There doesn't seem to be a standard, but I'd like one too. I'm hoping to make one by extending the LDAO MINIFIG META-commands, grabbing the part category lists from one of the extensible minifig part INI files available, and running it through (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: META-command System For Creating Minifigs?

Thank you, Don. I am currently investigating the possibilities and limitations of the resources you mention. Hopefully, in a couple of days, I will return with my comments and maybe also some suggestions. /Tore (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad)