 CAD / 10417
Re: Overlapping polygons etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 01:36:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Paul Easter wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:

You mean inline the stud2a, then inline a cylinder under it and trim that?

I think I missed what you meant earlier.
I would not inline the stud for that, Unless it was a major piece of the part.
which this is not.

b) Open wall ends of 2-4cyli touch outside wall of part - some renderers may
show vertical lines on outside wall. However in this case, the cylinder butts up
against the bottom of a stud2a, so if I manually do the cylinder, renderers that
substitute the stud may look strange with the un-substituted cylinder below it.

Ok, I see it now. My laptop screen was not showing me enough detail.
See my example below. I used a 3-8cyli file instead.
As for the edge lines. Unless we are all perfectionists, which I usually am with
small parts, I would use the edge primitves as used below unless someone has a
big complaint about it.

OK, I'm happy to do that.

If you make this part as a few small sub-parts. Then save a copy of that file,
fixing problems that are repetitive is done easily and inlined.

Thanks for the suggestion!

But I have another question, which I alluded to originally, but forgot about:

What about the horizontal planes going down either side, and slicing through the
studs, where they join the cylinders? Is it OK to just leave the single plane,
or should I put a disc inside each stud, and butt triangles up against the
outside?

ROSCO