 CAD / 10156
Re: easy pattern creator?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 21:35:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Carsten Schmitz wrote:
well. i am thinking of making it available inside the LDDP package/project.
If i would make it open source would you like to participate and make it
better?

Sure, I'd like to try and make it better, but I don't know if I
can until I see the source.  If it's delphi code I won't be able
to build it, but I still may be able to contribute.  Based on the
output, it looks like bmp2ldraw32 already has most of the ingredients
to produce really nice vectorized files.  Perhaps just a bit more
connectivity processing followed by some edge tracking is all
that's needed.

Alternativly this looks pretty neat, and goes way beyond my depreciated
image processing/vectorizing skills.  Maybe it could be useful.

  http://autotrace.sourceforge.net/

I wonder what it would take to create an output-ldr.c file for it
and rebuild it to dump .LDR files.  Some of the other output-*.c files
look fairly small.  However, it looks like you might have to tesselate
closed polygons into tris and quads.