 CAD / 10124
10123  |  10125
Subject:
easy pattern creator?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 11:26:07 GMT

Hello,

I just started creating my own parts. First thing
I'm trying, is to create the brick 1x4 with white
"TRANSPORT" pattern on it, as is used in set 335
of 1967.
There already is a brick 1x6 with this pattern, so
I thought easiest would be to change some parameters
of that part (from 60 to 40)since the "TRANSPORT"
pattern on the 1x6 brick already has the width of
a 1x4 brick. Doing so was easy enough, but then it
turned out that the pattern is not centered and not
as wide as the pattern on the real thing.
So I decided to edit the pattern. Because I'm fairly
new at this, I never realised how complicated a
pattern definition is. So I am wondering, isn't there
a pattern-tool of some sort, a simple program that
converts text into coordinates usable in LDDP?

tia,
       Jan Folkersma