 CAD / *38170 (-20)
  Teaser: Automatic sticker creation

Dear all, I've been working hard lately on a program to convert bitmapped images (in BMP or RGB) format into vectorised ldraw images. It seems to be working OK now (with many caveats) and I hope to have a user-ready version ready soon, along with a (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MBC 3 Trial and Plugins Developer Kit Trial

Gudday Mac and MBC users, I've been quiet for a few months now, during this time, MBC 3 has been one of the projects. Version 3 is an all new version with new ideas and functionality (eventually). New current features include: - Cut, Copy and Paste (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  non-CA parts [was: Re: 3 noble quests for ldraw part creators]

(...) I'll just add my two cents here... Any pre CA parts are merely copyrighted. While technically redistributing the non-CA files is a copyright infringement, there is really very little risk that any non-CA author would complain. They did (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3 noble quests for ldraw part creators - and useful ones, at that!

(...) There is no "old license". The current library is licenseless. (...) The final decision has not been made but I feel that the non-CA files should not go away until the author agrees to the CA (note that we haven't had any denials, just (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

In lugnet.build, Koyan Töreni wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Koyan, Actually, I prefer the render style of the Classic Space images more than the recent renders that you have posted. I guess I like the plain white background, as opposed to new (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3 noble quests for ldraw part creators - and useful ones, at that!

--SNIP-- (...) --SNIP-- Perhaps you can outsource it to some of our Australian, Indian and S.E. Asian members so we can provide a constant source of parts all year long ;-) Tim (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3 noble quests for ldraw part creators - and useful ones, at that!

(...) I get the feeling that the activity at the parts tracker is quite low, too. Many parts stay there forever before getting reviewed. In case of hold votes with a few errors it takes forever for such parts to get fixed. Okay, I know that in the (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3 noble quests for ldraw part creators - and useful ones, at that!

(...) Would it be possible to create old-complete.exe/old...mplete.zip files, and make them available on ldraw.org under the old license, so that people could at least still download the files that get removed? Or better yet, create an install that (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) John, "Waste" is a negative term for me too. My job allows for a lot of creative expression, but I need something more tactile in my hobby. I sit on my *** butt all day and type. Plenty of cerebral activity and creativity, but debugging (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: LDiff available to try

(...) Hi John, Yes, you need to have the reference set in LDraw format. LDiff ignores color, placement and orientation, and only tracks part type. The reference model LDraw file does not need to be accurate when assembled, only accurate as far as a (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDiff available to try

Hi Kevin, everything installs great and works when I run it now. When I tried it out with the following command line: D:\LDraw\Apps\LDiff>ldiff.exe 4098 d:\ldraw\models\4098...lane_1.ldr I get the following error: Error: official_model 4098 file not (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) Well, I think "waste" is a negative term. Hobbies are a way to spend time. For me, hobbies, at their best, are a creative way for a person to express themselves, perhaps given the fact that sometimes one's vocation doesn't allow for such (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: 3 noble quests for ldraw part creators - and useful ones, at that!

(...) Yes. (...) The thing that's been holding up the updates is switching to the new licensed distribution. Since not all authors have signed into the new Contributor's Agreement, we've got to clean up the parts library -- probably by removing (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3 noble quests for ldraw part creators - and useful ones, at that!

(...) Yeah I know - just wanted to see if someone actuallly reads this ;) Ok seriously I found the space wheel right after posting this request, hidden in the "files on hold" section. Just wanted to be sure, but lo and behold - searching by part (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3 noble quests for ldraw part creators - and useful ones, at that!

"Burkhard Schloemer" <primus@NOSPAMbrickc...ander.com> wrote in news:IIIIC6.1CuM@lugnet.com: (...) This one is on the parts tracker. Cheers! Koyan (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  3 noble quests for ldraw part creators - and useful ones, at that!

Hey guys, for my latest Star Wars-related project I'm missing several ldraw-files. Unfortunately, lack of time (and skill) doesn't allow me to put something together myself. 1. the family of space wheels is incomplete! There is a small, medium and (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

(...) I postulate that hobbies by their very nature are wastes of time. If they weren't a waste of time then they wouldn't be hobbies. Whether or not you attach a negative meaning to the term "waste" does not change anything. -Orion (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, FTX)

  LDiff available to try

I took Philo's suggestion and named my set comparison tool LDiff. The usage is still the same: LDiff.exe <officialset> <alternatemodel> It is avialable here: (URL) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 2.4.5.0 available

(...) Thanks Tim and Jaco, You are very welcome. I'm glad you folks are using it and helping become a better program. Kevin - (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 2.4.5.0 available

(...) I second this. Its the legacy of writing popular code. For me, I didn't really use the pre-PNG LPub as all the BMP files took up way too much space and jpeg's didn't look good. Once PNG was added though I've been playing around constantly and (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact