 CAD / *33565 (-20)
  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

(...) I don't see this discussion as about Tim at all, except as a test case. As I've said before, he's a handy metric. Any rule that excludes him (based on his current employment situation) is wrong, and worse, it is in my view bad for the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

(...) I for one certainly don't doubt your devotion to the hobby, nor do I doubt that you will do anything but behave with the utmost integrity as a member of the committee. However, despite this it does concern me that there is nonetheless a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

(...) All, I hope you don't mind if I chime in on the discussion. I just caught up on the thread, and there are a lot of very good things being tossed around. Personally, I tend to like the idea of Larry's to exclude any mention of LEGO employee (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am thinking about a tunnel also. The problem is the file size. The colors have to be reduced to keep the size down and the more detail I add the less reduction frame to frame I get. The file right now is 356kb. How (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Naming of parts

(...) In general, a wedge is a 'clipped' brick and a wing is a 'clipped' plate. I don't see any exception to this rule in the official library but if an exception exists on the PT then those part should be commented upon. -Orion (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Dishes are Round (Cornbread are Square)

(...) Yes, I thought I had checked the inclusion of these keywords. I'll recheck them. Chris (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Naming of parts

(...) I agree that some parts still need renaming. Those you mention are good candidates for an overhaul. We do rely on them getting reviewed quickly on the Parts Tracker. When a part is submitted to the PT for a name change it should not be (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

(...) Oh, and can you add some people waving as the train goes by?(1) And a car crash. That would be nice. Just make sure nobody gets hurt. :-) More seriously, trees do add a lot.(2) The MTW signature image (3) uses them to good effect. (for which a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

(...) And some trees by the side of the tracks. :) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

(...) It was cool. Thanks to Stripes for posting a reply so I remembered to go check. While one is in the vicinity of that folder, the trench one is worth checking out too. Here's hoping that you, Steve, decide to write up a tutorial on how you did (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

(...) He's high enough up (and his job description is focused in such a critical direction) that I think almost everyone would agree that there was a conflict of interest in his case. LEGO is his career now, after all. (...) The problem with special (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

(...) I agree with this. It's a tough issue, but people working for Lego (in any capacity) will tend do things, say things, or NOT say things to keep that paycheck coming. If more bad decisions like the color change force Lego into bankrupcy, or (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

Dude, that was really cool :) -Anne (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Dishes are Round (Cornbread are Square)

(...) I think so, yes. Because many people look them up with "Space" in their mind. That is why I started this discussion in the first place. Jaco (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Naming of parts

"Niels Karsdorp" <nkp.nkp@hetnet.nl> schreef in bericht news:HsIEAw.1sur@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) I totally agree with Niels here (again :-) There should be a better way for naming parts. Jaco (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

(...) Why not turn the clause 180 degrees? If you get your paycheck from Lego, you can only be eligible after community discussion/approval? I suppose being payed by MegaBloks, or any other clone maker would need the same treatment. -- Anders (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

(...) Sounds cool. Got any deep links? Else... color me "can't wait till this is moderated, hope I remember to go back and check!" (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  TRAIN RIDE

Ever wonder what it is like to ride your railroad? (URL) low resolution for dial up (URL) If the pictures are jumpy (large file) try "save pacture as" and play from your computer. Enjoy Steve (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

(...) No, I do not think we all agree that. (...) Yes, someone does so disagree. In fact I'd go farther, I think most of us do disagree, at least for the case of people that have little or no practical influence within LEGO (people who work in (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts: Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

(...) I agree there _might_ be a conflict. I don't believe it would be true in every case. I have suggestions for generic ways of allowing exceptions [1] and will consolidate them and post them later today. -Tim [1] IMO the exception process should (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact