 CAD / *27270 (-10)
  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Works fine now ;o) My tests were far from exhaustive though ! (...) I guess there is no perfect solution: modelling curved parts with some smoothness requires lots of polygons. Fortunately machine power increases! One possibility though would (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) If you are going to go the subpart route, have you considered making an option to subpart the flexible object in a separate file so that seam width shrink is avoided when using L3P (or others) ? -Orion (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Philo, (...) Oop.s I reworked the organization of the code and ended up messing this up. 1.0.0.2 is uploaded now. (...) I understand, but I'm not sure what can be done about this. I used the cross sectional parts that already existed for flexible (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Kevin, It seems you forgot to link in CC3250.DLL... doesn't work on my system. (...) That's the kind of size I got... We must keep in mind that even if the ldraw file is smaller using parts, the number of triangle to render will be the same or (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Philo, Boy, were you right, the triangle synthesis took a 3K file and made a 2M file. Unpalatable. I switched lsynth over to use LDRAW parts for synthesis. Now that 3K file ends up to be 500K, still much larger, but certainly better than before. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

(...) Now, that's nothing! A recent rendering I did took 48 hours on my PC to complete... (...) Yep! Another nice touch! Fredrik (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrigl@math.uio.no> skrev i meddelandet news:qrdadltp2jr.fsf....uio.no... (...) (URL) (...) You are not 'just seeing things'. I took some time to work with the 'bumps' in the mirror, to make it look more natural - at least most (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

(...) There's a fairly clear picture in Ralf Herbers's baseplate reference (URL) that since this version has studs inside the craters, it would technically be a part variation with pattern, not just a patterned version of the part. . . -- TWS (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

(...) mirror slightly uneven? Or am I just seeing things? Fredrik (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

hi don, (...) that's the point. I don't own that baseplate, but having a look at: (URL) can spot a colored area on the big crater ground. this means that I have to split the hill in at least 2 subpart. but there is more. looking at: (URL) seams that (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact