 Books / 89
Re: Building Idea Book 1 (#238)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.books
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 01:30:44 GMT

"Gary Istok" <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
news:39AC159F.79F7454E@umich.edu...
I just got a hoard of old 1960's LEGO from a USA Ebay Auction over the
weekend.  Among the lot, I was expecting a tattered copy of the very
first Lego idea book, the Building Idea Book 1 (LEGO reference #238).
This book was produced from 1960-68 in several different languages and
editions -- USA Samsonite, UK, German, Danish, Swedish, etc, as well as
an International version without writing (only the pictures).   And they
are very difficult to come by in good condition, because they were
rather delicate, and kids were kind of rough on them back in the 1960's.

[ ... snipped ... ]

Gary Istok

Gary - I have an Idea Book (or something similar) from my childhood that has
a lower case "a" in the lower right hand corner.  Any idea what it belongs
to?  I would assume that it came from the first Samsonite era LEGO I
received as a gift from my grandfather when I was about five years old.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com