 General / 21466
Re: New "a" book? (was: Re: Building Idea Book 1 (#238))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.books
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 02:28:46 GMT

"Eric McCarthy" <bendyarm@aol.com> wrote in message
Mike Walsh wrote:
Gary - I have an Idea Book (or something similar) from my childhood that • has
a lower case "a" in the lower right hand corner.  Any idea what it • belongs
to?  I would assume that it came from the first Samsonite era LEGO I
received as a gift from my grandfather when I was about five years old.

I'm not Gary, but...
*Lower* right hand corner?  I haven't seen that one.
What else is notable about it?  Is it on Brickshelf?

I've got a book with "a" in the *upper* right hand corner.
It can be seen on Brickshelf:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0240/index.html
I got it in Europe, sometime between 1969 and 1973, I think.

/Eric McC/

I was going from memory and I was wrong - I have the same book although mine
is incomplete.  In fact, mine is missing a lot of pages but looking at those
scans sure brought back a bunch of memories from my childhood.  I am now
more convinced that there is still some more of my childhood LEGO burried in
the depths of my parents basement.  One more thing to look for next time I
go up there.  I still haven't found the two 50x50 baseplates with the road
pattern that I know are down there somewhere!

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com