 Boats / 489 (-20)
  Fun with Lego Boats

Over the weekend I spent several enjoyable hours playing with my 4011 Cabin Cruiser ((URL) the twin hurricanes passed through my part of Appalachia, we had one of those brilliantly clear and beautiful September days in the mountains that makes you (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.general)

  Re: Interesting idea for boats/towns/train layouts: Falkirk Wheel

(...) That's insane! The website also mentioned that to get boats to the wheel they also had to build the aqueduct and a tunnel. A canal tunnel. Wow. Rick Clark (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Interesting idea for boats/towns/train layouts: Falkirk Wheel

The Union Canal in Scotland has a pretty interesting lock mechanism for moving boats between two levels, called the Falkirk Wheel. Here's an animation to show it off: (URL) Boats move between the top and bottom levels via the wheel. More images are (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Maersk 10152 "Repaint"

(...) I think you should be, it came out great! nice work! (...) I like the cargo containers, I'm thinking there might be some other 1x2 logo'ed bricks out there that might work (like Octan maybe?) The repaint came out nice. I hope some other folks (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Maersk 10152 "Repaint"

Well I've finished my summer lego project. I rebuilt a 10152 in classic Lego colors. (URL) Dark Red = Red; Maersk Blue = Blue; Reddish Brown = Brown; Light Blue Gray = Light Gray; Dark Blue Gray = Dark Gray White, Black, Orange and all transparent (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

Nicely done, question for you though, what type of plates did you use to expand the bow of the ship to that width? (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: 10152 Scale

(...) WOW what a tree, Thanks (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: 10152 Scale

(...) Thanks, That's how I've been going about it so far. I am trying to figure out the feasability of another ship in the same scale but my first calculation seemed a bit wonky. I was also using a 1x1 round as approximate "person" size, but that's (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: 10152 Scale

(...) There's a dicussion of scale (URL) here> based on container size. Hope this helps. ROSCO (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: 10152 Scale

(...) <snip> (...) There's no guarantee that they're in the same scale as the ship, but you might try working from the cargo containers instead. They don't have much in the way of variety of shapes and sizes. I think the only ones I've ever seen are (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats)

  10152 Scale

What is the actual scale of the 10152? I did a search but most posts discuss "mini" or "micro" scale. I realize the actual scale will have the "Lego" deviation. Also was the set based on an actual Maersk vessel? I was looking here: (URL) but I (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Here are a few pics of Scott's that I took at the NGLTC club house. He's still working on adding more containers but you get the idea: (URL) J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats)

  MOCs and models from June 2004 IndyLUG meeting.

Sorry a few of the images are fuzzy. I had a fingerprint on the camera lens :( None of the featured MOCs are mine, but all are from IndyLUGgers. Post-moderation: (URL) lugnet.org.us.indylug (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Well, this is the hard place! (URL) This container is 40ft x 8ft x 9ft6in high, the size I see on lorries in the UK, built to 8mm:1ft scale. You could drive a model of a 5ft wide fork lift truck into it or two minifigures could walk in side by (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Not really if you model a European railway... Before the standard 20/30/40' containers the Dutch, German and most likely some other railways experimented with door-to-door transport using special freight boxes, which were around 1.5*2*1.5m A (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Agreed. This is a known issue with the standard (as designed by LEGO) minifig scale container, it's too small. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place though, either we abandon the design (and lose compatability and not have a use for all (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

Hi Robin, Great ship! I really your bigger version. And the tug is a nice touch as well. I work on the waterfront in northwestern washington state. So I see tugs and large freighters every day. I just have a couple of comments. The ship itself is (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) I'm going by the club house tonight Scott, I'll take a couple of pictures of it and post them if you want me to. jt (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Ok, ok! 1) Decided to feed my 401K and Roth IRA instead of buying a digital camera... 2) Forgot my Brickshelf password... -Scott (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Exactly. I suppose this shows that I haven't taken as careful a look at the LEGO Maersk container ship as I have at the real thing. :-) Play well, Jacob (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact