 Boats / 451
  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) I have, both from the air, and up close, (and in articles in TRAINS) and I agree. (...) I just don't have enough brick(1) to do very many of them and I'd rather go for a huge pile of smaller containers that I CAN do, and 2 or 3 ships instead (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) From my model railroading I know all about selective compressing and there's usually a certain breaking point where it looses it's effect and becomes silly. IMHO the 4-w container is at least close to that if you use it together with minifigs (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) I agree... Here's a snap of a small container ship. Note that it's only 5 containers long and about 6 or so wide (URL) think it's an NL ship, actually. So there are small ones out there, as well as the monsters (URL) some are presumably (...) (20 years ago, 22-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

Oh, one more... If you don't know what to do with your orange, here you go: (URL) (20 years ago, 22-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) water to keep all those containers afloat... they must all be full of cotton candy or something! Mark (20 years ago, 22-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) They may be empty, if that pic was taken at a US port just before departure during the reload process. (we import a lot more goods in containers than we export) Also, the ship is nowhere near capacity... count the empty rows, it's got maybe (...) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(snip_) (...) I also found these sites useful: www.maersksealand.com www.maersktankers.com (anybody want to make a Maersk tanker?) www.oss.dk (you can select english text)--this is a shipyard building site (that apparently does a fair amount of ship (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats)