 Belville / *606 (-20)
  Re: 2 guys on brickshelf who inspire me

(...) Pardon my ignorance; are belville figures fully articulated like technic figures? and if so are they difficult to acquire? I am getting bored with the look of technic figures. P.S. Thank you for listing me as an inspiration, that’s really nice (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: 2 guys on brickshelf who inspire me

(...) Thanks for pointing those out, Damien. Neat stuff! I've been looking at my Belville and Jack Stone figs lately, and I'm starting to get some ideas. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.belville, FTX)

  2 guys on brickshelf who inspire me

First, Brently Mills, although he uses mostly Technic Maxi-Figs, he works in a similar scale, and his work rocks, so go and check out his brickshelf folder: (URL) go and check out Kezzart, whose minifig work uses tons of belville pieces, but who's (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.belville)

  oh, and there was this from brickfest, useless pink swings and all!

again, I didn't build this, but us belville modelers need to stick together. (URL) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.belville)

  found these in brickshelf, no credit given to builder.

But I think that its an awesome creation, and I never really thought of Flora as being so popular, but after viewing Leo's post from yesterday, I see that she gets around. Like I said, I didn't build it, but I thought that it deserved some (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: better lightsaber proportion and a just for fun MOC

(...) I like this creation very much! For me, it is a mystery why nearly nobody seems to love this bell-figs. In my opinion, they have exactly the right size and above all, they have adjustable limbs, so they can walk the stairs and sit on a medival (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.starwars)

  better lightsaber proportion and a just for fun MOC

I posted these pics to brickshelf a while ago but never got around to bringing them to the attention of lugnet. anyways, here they are: a study in lightsaber proportion w/ belville children using the 8h antennae whip here: (URL) a (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.starwars)

  One fig to another... was Re: From one Scale to the next

Hey, did lugnet ever have a glossary of terminologies that are commonly used to this site? I remember someone way back explaining certain abbreviations like ABS and TLG vs. TLC, but I was looking for a greater point of reference and couldn't find (...) (19 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.build)

  Re: From one Scale to the next (was Re: Belville Battle Bridge, Witches with NUNCHUCKS)

(...) This is an innovative idea--not sure if it had been previously considered--that I think could really do some grand things for the Company if implemented correctly. And something so intriguing would undoubtedly (I think) cross age ranges. As (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.belville)

  From one Scale to the next (was Re: Belville Battle Bridge, Witches with NUNCHUCKS)

Hey y'all, while discussing the idea of playsets/dioramas that transcend scales, i.e. are appropriate as "different" settings from m-fig, thru b-fig, and potentially up to galidor/knights kingdom II figs ("g-fig"?, "k-fig"?, what about "j-fig" for (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Re: finally got around to it, belville mech

(...) Exactly, exactly. Although I wasn't as consise as I could have been, what I'm trying to say is that the "fairy tale" and "interior designer" sets imho should be related to a greater belville umbrella that would also encompass themes that (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: Belville Battle Bridge, Witches with NUNCHUCKS & Manriki gusari variant

(...) I think Quentin Tarantino would be proud, don't you? ;-P Damien, I like the concept of places and/or spaces (SPACE!) "changing context when shifted from m-fig to b-fig with little alteration". This is something that I may take into (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: finally got around to it, belville mech

(...) Hahahaha. Damien, this is great stuff. There was this cartoon I watched in the early morning in 96-97 (on UPN) about this teenager and his kid sister who fought crime/bad guys with a cornucopia of various mecha and bots. The bright colors and (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.belville)

  finally got around to it, belville mech

You know, I thought we might have seen something like this a lot sooner. Admittedly, Mecha is not my strong suit, but I wound up getting sets 8012 & 8009 cheap enough that i couldn't avoid experimenting. I'm still in the middle of this belville (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Belville Battle Bridge, Witches with NUNCHUCKS & Manriki gusari variant

Word. Posted a few more pics to my brickshelf account. (URL) built this out of the white mountainside BUMPs that are included in 7417 (x2) & 7412 (x4 or 5), and dark grey bumps from 4709 (x2). I geuss the main inspiration for it was realising that (...) (19 years ago, 16-Feb-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Awww, man! Why do the girls get all the cool stuff! :-D

"Ken Bailey" <kmbailey@paradise_N...M_.net.nz> wrote in message news:IBsJ6E.1KCJ@lugnet.com... (...) lime (...) Fir (...) real and (...) It looks real to me! This is like the perfect piece for any seasonal display! Seems like TLG is experimenting a (...) (19 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.general)

  Re: Awww, man! Why do the girls get all the cool stuff! :-D

(...) snip Has anyone checked the Snow Queen set closely ? It looks like a two toned Fir tree in the background - white top with green lower branches. If thats real and not fake, I reckon it will end up in high demand. (19 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.general)

  Awww, man! Why do the girls get all the cool stuff! :-D

Man, the color variations on certain parts in these sets just make me lime green with envy! Why do the girls' sets have such cool parts? More importantly, why don't these sets show up on store shelves? I know I'd shell out (no pun intended given the (...) (19 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.general)

  Re: all new sets again

(...) (URL) Brickset>. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.general, FTX)

  all new sets again

the new sets go with a fairytale theme again but with real fairytales like the princess and the pea. the thing that really amazed me was the mermaid castle. (URL) (19 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact