 Belville / 599
598  |  600
Subject:
One fig to another... was Re: From one Scale to the next
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 18:59:47 GMT

Hey, did lugnet ever have a glossary of terminologies that are commonly used to
this site?  I remember someone way back explaining certain abbreviations like
ABS and TLG vs. TLC, but I was looking for a greater point of reference and
couldn't find one.

Andrew, i was thinking "c-fig" for creator fig or "4+fig" for the same (the line
has seemingly undergone some name changes here and there), but this seems like
something worth discussing with the larger lugnet community.  Would "d-fig" work
for duplo? 'q-fig" for quatro? does it even matter?  I'm such a nerd.  I should
probably be building.  I'm out

In lugnet.belville, Andrew Saada wrote:
In lugnet.belville, Damien Nesbit wrote:
Hey y'all, while discussing the idea of playsets/dioramas that transcend scales,
i.e. are appropriate as "different" settings from m-fig, thru b-fig, and
potentially up to galidor/knights kingdom II figs ("g-fig"?, "k-fig"?, what
about "j-fig" for "jumbo figure? that's what I'll use in the future i think),

I suggest though using the term "j-fig" for the Jack Stone/Junior figures
because they are continuing in other lines (ie. Spiderman and Pirates). "g-fig"
for giant might be more appropriate anyway as they are essentially giants at
that size from a minifig perspective ;-), albeit they are jumbo in terms of size
comparison. Also, I know they are not around much, but we can't forget Technic
figures ("t-fig").

Word, chime in if you can folks, as nerdy and anal-retentive as it is, I do
think it helps our community to avoid confusion if we have some semblence of
standardization on our colloquialisms (that's a $5 word for slang)

hey LUGNET big shots, what's up with a glossary?

Play Well,
Damien