 Belville / 591
Re: Awww, man! Why do the girls get all the cool stuff! :-D
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:05:53 GMT

"Ken Bailey" <kmbailey@paradise_NO_SPAM_.net.nz> wrote in message
In lugnet.belville, David Simmons wrote:
Man, the color variations on certain parts in these sets just make me • lime
green with envy!  Why do the girls' sets have such cool parts?  More
importantly, why don't these sets show up on store shelves?  I know I'd
shell out (no pun intended given the new theme!) quite a few shekels for
Ninja fish in trans-dark pink!

Dave

snip

Has anyone checked the Snow Queen set closely ? It looks like a two toned • Fir
tree in the background - white top with green lower branches. If thats • real and
not fake, I reckon it will end up in high demand.

It looks real to me!  This is like the perfect piece for any seasonal
display!  Seems like TLG is experimenting a lot more with pieces that have
two different colors injected into the mold.  I recall the phoenix from the
HP Chamber of Secrets set being the first one I saw.  Then there's the
trans-light blue mini-BURP from the new Alpha Team sets like this one:

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=4744&cn=25&d=7&t=3

The piece has been "frosted" with white.

Dave