 Belville / 596
Re: finally got around to it, belville mech
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:20:18 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Andrew Saada wrote:

As for your other comments, I agree that the Company needs to create a series
that appeals to both genders. My younger sister was given the initial line of
Belville sets (park, "ranch", family room) and I think *that* step to address
the need for bigger figures was a step in the right direction, but to have *all*
sets targeted at girls was not. A year before and even following these sets was
the time of the subtheme Paradisa for minifigures. This theme had a feminine
tone but that's just like saying the police station had a masculine tone. THOSE
sets were a great addition to a town layout and also provided some of the best
parts to date. ;-)

     Exactly, exactly.  Although I wasn't as consise as I could have been, what
I'm trying to say is that the "fairy tale" and "interior designer" sets imho
should be related to a greater belville umbrella that would also encompass
themes that relate back to the other system sub-themes like fire, rescue,
police, space, knight's kingdom, etc.  How about technic sets that seem really
appropriate for belville figs like this year's "hot rod" re-issue".  I wonder
why tlg didn't have this idea when they got rid of the "technic" minifigs.
Either way, I'm gonna be on the hunt for some technic automobile sets.

Now, Scala, I'm not going to even touch upon that. But I would like to say I
want some of those odd parts and there so hard to track down (particularly the
table tops...).

- Andrew

I know what you mean,
Holla.