 Basic / *140 (-20)
  Re: 4883 Gear Grinders - First play

(...) Nice tractor! What color did your TransRed 1x1 Plates have? ... TransRed? or some new lighter variation like mine? Martin (19 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.basic, FTX)

  Re: 4883 Gear Grinders - First play

(...) Nice looking tractor. Rear view please? Does your camera have a "White Balance" option? If it does, you could probably tweak it so that the red and grey look more natural. Maybe we should do a competition for MOCs built from given Designer (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.basic, FTX)

  LEGO-decorated Christmas Tree

For some reason, it never occurred to me before to decorate my home Christmas tree all in LEGO ornaments (1). I didn't go crazy, just a few designs, but the overall impact was quite effective. Non-LEGO parts included: Tree, tree stand, electric (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.basic, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Is set #4886 a Europe/Oceana exclusive?

Hello all, I saw set #4886 emerge on Shop at Home today. It says "Coming Soon on 18 Oct 2004" for Australia, New Zealand and the European S@H countries. But for Canada and United States it read "Sorry, item is not available in this country". Does (...) (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.basic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Looking for set 544.

(...) Cross post to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade and lugnet.general (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Looking for set 544.

Hello, I'm looking for set [LEGOSet 544] with box and instructions. No one on BrickLink or eBay is selling it. If you have it and want to sell it, please reply in this forum (the above email address has been deactivated). (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.basic, FTX)

  Re: My X-Pod Creations

(...) I'd think you should be able to just match up the 2x ends, and maybe stick the other two orange dots in front of the orange wedges. (...) Oh, I'm not saying that the pincer feet don't look cool. I just don't think it's worth giving up the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: My X-Pod Creations

(...) I originally wanted to make a rhinoceros beetle, but then I ran out of parts from 4349 to make a convincing horn for it. If you stack the orange 2x3 wedge on top of the red 2x4 wedge, you can get a thicker wing shell with a nice two-color (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: My X-Pod Creations

(...) The beetle (is that a stag-horn?) looked like the one from the instructions, but I see now that it's not the case. I somewhat prefer their fatter body design, but you leg design is much better (using hinge pieces on the pincer-feet is a waste (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.basic)

  My X-Pod Creations

Hello everybody, I just uploaded a bunch of my X-Pod creations at (URL). Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.basic)

  Re: X-Pods on sale in the UK

(...) That's an interesting prepositional conundrum. Technically, in both UK and US English, it's "on sale" just to indicate that something is now available from a supplier that was not available at first. But "for sale" seems to be used as (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: X-Pods on sale in the UK

"William Howard" <william@howard-fami...rld.co.uk> wrote in message news:HrnJxq.1I1C@lugnet.com... (...) Are they "on sale" or are they "for sale"? (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.basic)

  Re: X-Pods on sale in the UK

(...) One can hope. As someone on brickish.org said, these are an excellent way to do portable bot builds too... I think this may be one of the more clever things they've done lately. I like the different ways the case pieces interoperate.... you (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  RE: X-Pods on sale in the UK

I can already see a PERFECT use for the Pod's from these sets, Town, Train layouts, Carnival rides!!! the teacup, the overhead Tram, perfect thing to be controlled by Mindstorm RCX bricks... Are these going to be available in the US? Tamy (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  X-Pods on sale in the UK

The 4 X-Pod sets (4346 to 4349) are now on sale in the UK The "pod" is a three part carry case and can be built with. The top and bottom resemble 10 stud diameter radar dishes, while the middle is three bricks high, clear, with studs on the bottom. (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.basic, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New Belville promo polybag

(...) Hewkii is set #8584, though the LUGNET archive lists it under the old name of "Huki". (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.basic, lugnet.belville, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: New Belville promo polybag

(...) So, there isn't a set number known yet? I'll keep checking on the C1000 promo action to see if does emerege there. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.basic, lugnet.belville, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: New Belville promo polybag

(...) He's Hewkii, a revised version of Huki: [LEGOSet 1388] The storyline explanation is that the Matoran villagers did a great job helping to fight off the Rahi, Bohrok, and Bohrok Va, so the Turaga rewarded them by making them bigger. And they (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.basic, lugnet.belville, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  New Belville promo polybag

Hello all, I did some additional research in the local C1000 supermarket store today, to check out the free promo ploybag action that the're currently running here in the Netherlands. I have positive identification of a new Belville promotional (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.basic, lugnet.belville, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: Designer series now available in the USA

(...) scale). Just from looking at these designer sets on the WWW, I thought 4101 looked the most interesting of them all, possibly because it does open up some new ideas. Cars, planes and mecha occur in plenty of other sets but the Wild Creatures (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.basic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact