 Aquazone / 755
Re: Sea Monkey Vehicle Sighted...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 05:55:27 GMT

In lugnet.aquazone, Andrew Saada wrote:

   Wow! Joe, this thing is great! You nailed the lionfish camoflage. I thought it was black at first but brown is spiffy. Excellent cockpit (missed that at FBTB) and overall form.
I do have a question/comment and a criticism. First, off the record, is the 1x2x4 panel a “data sensory” thing? If not, I would suggest swapping it with a clear one.

Actually, the cockpit isn’t on FBTB, it turns out that Gareth lives not too far from me, so he shows up at meetings and I trade parts with him. He wanted a Bohrok canopy part for a MOC and we started playing with the part.

And as for the black/brown...I’m still using brown leftover parts from my Nautilus to build:)!

The panel you point out is indeed a data panel of some type. I originally thoughtof making a steering mechanism coming from the top dropping down, but then I thought, “why?” Sea Monkeys use mental powers, so controls would be generally untouched. Now, if I could only figure out SM graphics:)

   Secondly, I think the sphenoid (came across it while looking for a synonym for spiffy, since I use it a lot) could use some work. The “neck bone” seems to interrupt the flow of the design. What about reversing it and using a 2x2 mound (~10 minutes later...couldn’t think of a set; Egypt Adventurers but (duh) Snowspeeder): http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30165. Or one of the other partly curved bricks; if it’s not too much trouble.

I took a look and while I couldn’t seem to easily find a mound part, I used the following part in white (4 in a 2x2 sideways setup, so the curves went right/left):

and that does a good job ‘sanding’ the shape of the design. Thanks! Now to take more pix...tomorrow.

Joe Meno

Alright, keep up the great work!

Thanks!

   -Andrew

GardenSLUG

(What’s the Peeron image command? Spent another couple of minutes fiddling with that link.)
Dunno..I’m still getting the hang of FTX myself