 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 882
  FlyBot, MothBot, and Ma-in-LawBot

I have a new gallery up with four little robots. One of them has been seen before, but the other 3 are brand new and two of them have instructions. (URL) FlyBot is intended to be a base model for a number of variants, and the MothBot is the first of (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space)

  Re: FlyBot, MothBot, and Ma-in-LawBot

Tony, These are cool! Why the insect theme? It translates well into 'bots. Did you make these out of a Portable Bot Factory? Thanks also for the instructions...that's a good idea! Nice work! Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: FlyBot, MothBot, and Ma-in-LawBot

(...) Hehe. The Ma-In-Lawbot is a great little design, very amusing. The others are pretty good, too. Though the Mothbot doesn't look very cohesive to me. There's just something about it that makes it look a little too "thrown together" for my (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: FlyBot, MothBot, and Ma-in-LawBot

(...) I totally agree Adrian. I just love the Ma-in-lawbot. In fact, I think i like the name more than the bot itself! The Mothbot isn't my favorite, but the first is very very cool. Great work! (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: FlyBot, MothBot, and Ma-in-LawBot

(...) Nope, didn't use a Portable Bot Factory... but that's not a bad idea. Maybe next time I do photographic instructions, I'll show other bots putting them together. As for the insect theme, someone who spotted the MothBot in my office actually (...) (21 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: FlyBot, MothBot, and Ma-in-LawBot

(...) Interesting... I was thinking it needed *more* chrome. I actually went back and forth a couple of times on the chrome grills for "feathers" on the back of the wings. And I passed on giving him a silvery derriere. The harpoons add quite a bit (...) (21 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: FlyBot, MothBot, and Ma-in-LawBot

Hey, I love those! The flybot just has a great 'spindly' look about it. I love the personality it has... the head and the position off the legs makes it very easy too like. The Ma-in-Lawbot is great, too. Very funny. And the moth is just plain (...) (21 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: FlyBot, MothBot, and Ma-in-LawBot

(...) The design process for each of these robots was different- and I rarely use pencil/paper except for really large MOCs. The FlyBot came from fairly random tinkering with limited parts available. He actually started out looking like another (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: FlyBot, MothBot, and Ma-in-LawBot

(...) What excellent, efficient little designs! The fly bot is my fave, and the moth bot looks like a miniature model used in an old Godzilla movie. Jeff J (21 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.space)