 Space / 21719
Re: FlyBot, MothBot, and Ma-in-LawBot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 00:32:20 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Alexander writes:
Tony,
    These are cool!  Why the insect theme?  It translates well into 'bots.
Did you make these out of a Portable Bot Factory?  Thanks also for the
instructions...that's a good idea!  Nice work!

Nope, didn't use a Portable Bot Factory... but that's not a bad idea.  Maybe
next time I do photographic instructions, I'll show other bots putting them
together.

As for the insect theme, someone who spotted the MothBot in my office
actually pointed out that it looked like a moth with its big antennae.  I
was thinking horns, but I didn't have a name yet so I used that.  As for the
FlyBot, I didn't even make the fly=insect connection until now.  It was just
supposed to refer to "flight", as in Flying Robot.  Hm.

Anyway, thanks for the comments!

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com