 Space / 21720
Re: FlyBot, MothBot, and Ma-in-LawBot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 00:44:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Adrian Drake writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Tony Hafner writes:
I have a new gallery up with four little robots.  One of them has been seen
before, but the other 3 are brand new and two of them have instructions.

http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/robots

Hehe.  The Ma-In-Lawbot is a great little design, very amusing.  The others
are pretty good, too.  Though the Mothbot doesn't look very cohesive to me.
There's just something about it that makes it look a little too "thrown
together" for my tastes.  I think it's the addition of the chrome.  It
doesn't seem, to me, to work very well with the brown/tan color scheme.  But
hey, if it works for you, don't let me stop you :)

Interesting... I was thinking it needed *more* chrome.  I actually went back
and forth a couple of times on the chrome grills for "feathers" on the back
of the wings.  And I passed on giving him a silvery derriere.  The harpoons
add quite a bit to the overall appearance, though, so I'm not sure I could
do away with all the chrome.

Anyway, the MothBot looks much better in person than in photos.  I had a
really hard time picking out camera angles this time because I really
couldn't capture it properly.  I've had that problem before, but never this
badly.  I'm still not happy with the gallery, though I sure like the bot.

Has anyone else ever had that problem?

And hey- thanks!  It's always nice to get useful and tactful criticism.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com