 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 833
  Theater, Bookstore, and Park

I'd like to share a few of my recent efforts with folks: (URL) welcome any and all feedback with regard to construction, photography, graphic file manipulation, and ftx. I hope that you enjoy - Thank you for your time. (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park

(...) the bookstore. It looks like there may be a missing '/' on the end of some of the FTX links, though. Try clicking on the bookstore or the theatre from your main page. Cary (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park

(...) Love 'em! Now, please contact someone in the GMLTC -- we miss you!! The email address we have for you keeps bouncing... :-( JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park

(...) Dude!!! That is AWESOME!!! The theatre is sooooo cool! There so much chrome! How'd you make the spotlights and sign? Some disassembled pics would be much appreciated. The vacant blue/grey store and the fountain look cool too. Nathan Wells (21 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park

(...) famous theather "Tuschinsky" in my home town Amsterdam: (see: (URL) I believe it would gain appernce if you make the tower behind the central collonade / on top of the roof a bit taller and wider, with maybe a very steep sloping angle (for (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park

(...) That is beautiful work. I love those buildings, even the vacant ones. Lots of wonderful details, including the nice curbs and drains. Very good work. Keep it up. Play well. Tim Strutt (21 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park

(...) The bookstore was originally constructed without a tenant in mind. Once I decided on a bookseller, I knew I wanted to use the studless book as a storefront sign; It took a significant amount of reconstruction to incorporate that torso for (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park

(...) Speaking of which, can anyone help me with changing my email address here on Lugnet? I have changed it via my member page and it seems to reflect there, however, when I post via web browser, my old email address pursists. I have tried signing (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park

(...) Thanks for your enthusiasm! I took some additional pics which give a little bit more insight into the sign and searchlights. The sign took me several hours of building and rebuilding to remove gaps and such. The key pieces are 1x1 'headlight' (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park

(...) Great suggestion - that would certainly give the entire structure a much more thoroughly art deco feel. I didn't intentionally set out to create an art deco building, but my stereotypes about theaters certainly include many of those (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park

(...) Your design realy struck me as very recognizable, for the more sober and sometimes a bit gloomy ("Gotham City"-style) variant of Art Deco that develloped in the nothern regions of Europe. (...) facade was build and how the shape in 3D is. Lack (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Theater, Bookstore, and Park

(...) I love the witty descriptions for the Theatre - I just wish the bookstore and park were so annotated. But they are all fabulous designs. I love your interior detailing on both buildings. The movie theatre lobby has everything a patron could (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.town)