 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 787
  SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

Hi all, Built a couple of things: SeaHorse Work Sub: (in transit mode) (URL) work mode) (URL) open) (URL) moderation) (URL) for Alpha Team as a general-purpose work submersible, this craft has been pushed into use as a deep sea retrieval and rescue (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

Holy cool models, Batman. Nice work, Joe. The coolest thing on the sub is the cockpit design. Very clever both on the look and on how it opens. The Batmobile looks a little blocky on the front end, but that is a matter of taste. I would like to see (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) profile. The bulky arms work well in this situation too. Why are the pictures so small though? I'm not saying you should post 3 megapizel shots, but 300 pixels is not much bigger than a thumbnail, especially on my 19" monitor. --Bram Bram (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.space)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) My mistake - I set my batch file on a smaller size than I expected. I'll fix those as soon as I can! Joe Meno (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.space)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

This is really nice Joe...I'm glad Bram x-posted or I might have missed it! The novel orientation of the cockpit is great...I'm amazed there is enough room to pull it off. The transition from cockpit to body is nice too...the slopes make it look a (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

Dude! The SeaHorse is outstanding. Excellent canopy design. Put that on your "to bring to brickfest" list. HOLY TECHNIC BEAMS! Great job on the bat mobile. I can see the dynamic duo jumpin' in and it pullin' up to City Hall right now. You da man. (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) I like I like alot. The Seahorse looks as though it's a model of a real sub very realistic. And the batmobile is just too cool I love that version just as much as the movie one. Great Job. Please make the movie version too :) -James (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) Thanks! And any chance to use the "holy (fill in the blank)" is VERY well appreciated:))!! (...) And the cockpit was the seed that created the sub it turned out to be a roomy compartment when turned on its side. I also wanted a smaller sub (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) Thanks! Initially, I wasn't looking at the fish appearance of the cockpit. When I built the cockpit, the first thing I noticed that the field of vision for the pilot would be really nice, so that led me to think about a search and rescue type (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.space)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) Me too:) Thanks, Bram! (...) The interior of the wedges seems to be better used vertically. I wanted to put more detail, like a targeting viewer, but I ran out of room. In terms of look, I wanted this to look reasonably realistic as a (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) Already there! The SeaHorse will be with the Nautilus, and maybe one more submersible...a tourist one. Gotta make some kind of diorama for it all:) (...) Another "Holy (fill in the blank)" expression! I love it:) Thanks! Now I gotta creat some (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) Thanks! I was shooting for a reasonably realistic sub design. I based it a little on all the research subs I have seen and read about. As for the Batmobile....hm, the movie one is one I am thinking on (the first movie, to be specific). But I (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

Good work, boy wonder. The SeaHorse rocks, very nice attention to detail. Are there any weapons? I understand its primarily a search and rescue ship, but you never know when you might encounter a mecha-squid or aquatic undead. -Keith (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) Holy Bat-crikeys, Menomeno! These are awesome! The work sub's detailing make it seem real, and the Batmobile is just right! COOL! Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

The sub is great. I love the cockpit with the canopies built the way they are. Sideways canopies is something I need to work on. Maybe I'll take some pointers from this. (...) Ahh sweet return to childhood. Adam West would be proud of you. This is a (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

"Joe Meno" <jmenomeno@aol.com> wrote in message news:H97I8C.3Go@lugnet.com... (...) This is sooooooo good Joe. It's a gorgeous MOC, thanks for sharing. [ j o n ] -- | Lego - (URL) Shipyard - (URL) Moonbase - (URL) Store - (URL) (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) Keith, The SeaHorse can be armed, in fact I am thinking about that variant. My two approaches so far are to replace the lower cargo claw with a weapons rack or to replace the outer arms with launch pods. Another different idea is just to make (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) Thanks! I was going for what I call 'reasonable realism' on the SeaHorse...and I'm happy you like it! As for the Batmobile, that was a fun little diversion project. Thanks again! Joe Meno (21 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) This canopy part is the first that I found works better offset than horzontallly set. I love the parts to begin with (it's a cool shape to work with)and now there's some more possibilities to play with. Joe Meno (21 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!

(...) Whoa, a compliment from the Space curator! Life is good! Thanks! Joe Meno (21 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone)