 Town / 5631
Re: SeaHorse Work Sub and - Holy ABS Plastic!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:25:22 GMT

This is really nice Joe...I'm glad Bram x-posted or I might have missed it!
The novel orientation of the cockpit is great...I'm amazed there is enough
room to pull it off.  The transition from cockpit to body is nice too...the
slopes make it look a little jagged,  really keeping with the briney look of it.

Good stuff.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.announce.moc, Joe Meno writes:
Hi all,

Built a couple of things:

SeaHorse Work Sub:

(in transit mode)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHorse/p1230015.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHorse/p1230016.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHorse/p1230017.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHorse/p1230022.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHorse/p1230024.jpg

(in work mode)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHorse/p1230025.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHorse/p1230026.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHorse/p1230027.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHorse/p1230031.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHorse/p1230033.jpg

(cockpit open)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHorse/p1230037.jpg

(after moderation)

Built for Alpha Team as a general-purpose work submersible, this craft has been
pushed into use as a deep sea retrieval and rescue vehicle, though Alpha Team
has indicated interest in an armed version.

The cockpit was the thing that sparked this model. I connected the two canopies
and turned it 90 degrees, and figured that the field of vision would be pefect
for a search and rescue vehicle. The bottom cargo claw can hold large objects,
so it can hold sunken boats or deliver rescue packages if need be.

And I built another thing....

"Atomic batteries to power...."
"Turbines to speed...."

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/Batmobile/p1230003.jpg