 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 520
  The Pumpkin Patch

Even though summertime weather lingers here in the Eastern U.S., my thoughts have turned to autumn and my favorite holiday of the year – Halloween! As part of the display that I’m hoping to have ready for the holiday, I wanted to build a pumpkin (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

I love it~! It's great and original, perfect~! Legomaster (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

Hey, Very cute. Linus would be proud. Bruce (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

HAHA!! I LOVE IT!! I like how you have added the stems and leaves to them. That was something you worked out very well. It really does look very good! I am glad to see the pen beads being put to good use :) And also that you have shown that they can (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

I got a GREAT smile from your pumpkin patch. And I tend to concentrate on MOCs with a high cool factor..this one has a happy factor. A very good job. Joe Meno (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

(...) Thanks, George (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

Good grief, you block head! Seriously I am just waiting for snoopy to raise up out of this awesome pumpkin patch! Great job, I am going to have to steal *ahem borrow some of your ideas. Scott (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

most sincere. ;) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

Very nice pumpkin patch. Have you tried putting the patch on a brown or tan base? The contrast might help show off the vines better. It's hard to judge from the photos how well they stand out in person against the green, so maybe it's not an issue. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

(...) I had not considered baseplates of another color - that's a great idea. I think I have enough brown plates to cover a good-sized area. I'll put a layer of them down first on the green baseplate and then the pumpkin plants on top of the brown (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

(...) Feel free to "borrow" Scott. Especially since the idea isn't even mine (did I forget to mention that?). I know that one of the train groups in the past had a pumpkin patch made out of pen beads (PNLTC I think). I don't really remember exactly (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

(...) Glad you enjoyed the pictures Mark. Thanks again for providing the beads. Hopefully you (and others with ready access to LLCA) will be able to continue to come up with these great little MOC enhancers. A bunch of the beads of various other (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

(...) First off, I want to say that your pumpkin patch looks great. I would love to throw one together. (But I'm not going to buy those beads at those prices, so I gues I'll just have to dream.) About the Stubbies™, look here: (URL) in a Harry (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

(...) Thanks for the compliments Joe - glad you enjoyed the pictures. Speaking of your MOC's - I have my own version of a Meno Roadster (in tan and sand green) that I'll be posting pictures of shortly. And like the pumpkin patch it will be debuting (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: The Pumpkin Patch

(...) That sounds like mine. The link is at: (URL) Great Pumpkin in the back rises up every 10 seconds or so, so Linus and Sally get to actually see it (finally!). For non-October shows, the Great Pumpkin gets replaced with a troll's head, and the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday)