 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3992
3991  |  3993
Subject:
The Mercurials - Lego Comic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:31:11 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Greetings all. As an AFOL, I’ve enjoyed lurking around Lugnet, taking a look at all the amazing creations everyone has come up with, and reading Brick Journal. My wife and I recently started a project that I thought you’d be interested in: http://www.themercurials.net

“The Mercurials” is a Lego comic inspired by the many others out there. It’s a science fiction story set on a colony ship that’s gone off-course and is drifting in deep space. The colonists and crew have been woken out of stasis in shifts. Our heroes are the last to awaken and find that the others have been living on the ship for some time, developing their own factions and cultures - even myths and religions. The overarching plot will be: can they navigate their way through this strange self-contained world, solve the mystery of what has happened to the ship, and save themselves.

As you can see, we’re not only crazy enough to try to tell a story with minfigs, but to try to tell a serious sci-fi story. Time will tell if we’re successful, I guess :) As many others have probably discovered, it’s challenging to get your “actors” to communicate emotions when they only have one expression on their face! So we’ve had to use body language and other tricks to try to tell the story.

We’re using the pink-skinned Star Wars minifigs as our heroes fresh out of stasis. The colonists, who’ve been living and breeding on the ship for awhile, will be our standard yellow minfigs. They’ve been mutated or something :D That’s how we’re explaining it anyway.

Well, this is kind of long. Please let us know what you think about our “online sci-fi photo graphic novel.” I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.themercurials.net