 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3767
  Canon Story

Hi, Recently I built a pirate canon after having seen some pirate stuff while surfing on Brickshelf. Here is the result: (URL) 1) You can visit my Brickshelf galery for more pictures: (URL) 2) I also wrote an article on the Freelug (French LUG) site (...) (17 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.pirates, FTX) !!

  Re: Canon Story

A most impressive cannon. If scale is correct, it would be a 32 pounder. I like the use of the hand for a wick, perhaps a tan hand would five the same effect, but not stand out so much. All in all an impressive piece, nicely done. Christopher (...) (17 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  New Member Intro and Gunboat

Folks, Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Christopher Templin and I am a historical reenactor from upstate New York, where it is finally winter-like weather. I have been working on as scale as possible model of the HMS Surprise from Master and (...) (17 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX) !

  Re: New Member Intro and Gunboat

(...) Welcome Christopher, That's a nice gunboat! The belville rowboats work well stern to stern, and give a decent size for a gunboat. The cannon seems to sit a little high... would it be possible to get it down further into the hull? I'm not sure (...) (17 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Canon Story

Wow! Very nice cannon. I really like this design! God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 6-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: New Member Intro and Gunboat

Nice work! I especially like the simple rammer and Mr Determination. I wonder if the Coxswain shouldn't be standing though? It looks a little awkward having him sit at the tiller. I think standing is more correct so he can actually see where he is (...) (17 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: New Member Intro and Gunboat

(...) Welcome aboard Christopher. Glad to see that there are a few POB fans in the LEGO world. I am just starting my 5th voyage through the "Canon". Each time through, I am struck by how good POB really is. Would love to see the beloved Surprise in (...) (17 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: New Member Intro and Gunboat

(...) Christoper, Great little gunboat. It's nice to see something more lake oriented. I've been meaning to work on a flatboat to go along with my (URL) Ticonderoga Project> (which has sadly stalled due to lack of funding and the intrusion of other (...) (17 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Canon Story

Thanks a lot. Did you try to build it for one of your MOC for example? :-) Yours. (17 years ago, 10-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Canon Story

(...) No, I still haven't strayed into the pirate MOCing world (unfortunately). When I do I'll probably try and come up with something... God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 10-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Gunboat and Fort Ticonderoga

Elroy, I have had the fortune to work with the folks at the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum and at Fort Ticonderoga. In addition I had to build the bow of the Philadelphia for a film project I worked on this fall and will be finishing with the film (...) (17 years ago, 11-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: New Member Intro and Gunboat

Folks, I have modified my gunboat by taking your suggestions and expanding her a little bit. I placed a larger gun on her bow, raised the Coxswain up so he is a little taller than the oarsmen and I added a lantern off of the mast like one I saw in a (...) (17 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: New Member Intro and Gunboat

Folks, I have modified my gunboat by taking your suggestions and expanding her a little bit. I placed a larger gun on her bow, raised the Coxswain up so he is a little taller than the oarsmen and I added a lantern off of the mast like one I saw in a (...) (17 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: New Member Intro and Gunboat

(...) Look really good. The lantern is a nice touch. (17 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)