 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3767
3766  |  3768
Subject:
Canon Story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 11:37:38 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi,

Recently I built a pirate canon after having seen some pirate stuff while surfing on Brickshelf. Here is the result:

1) You can visit my Brickshelf galery for more pictures: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=230102

2) I also wrote an article on the Freelug (French LUG) site that explain the design process. Didier Enjary and me have just finished to translate it in english to share this story with more LEGO fans. Many thanks to Tim Gould and Tim David for their preview read and for correcting our english mistakes. You can read this article in english here: http://www.freelug.org/article.php3?id_article=570

3) Moreover, as I’m also quite a brickfilmer, I made a very short brickfilm with this canon in the first role. You can download the animation film here:

http://www.lswproject.com/video/boooommm.avi “Microsoft Windows Media Video 9” and MP3, 44 seconds, 1.53 Mb.

4) And finally, after a vote on 9 different propositions, an image of my canon was choosen by the Freelug members to appear as a logo on our member card 2007! I’m very pleased to have won the vote and thanks again all the Freelug members that voted for this logo. The logo can be seen here: http://photos.freelug.org/main.php/v/FreeLUG/Documents/Illustration_carte_adherent/2007/logo5.jpg.html

I hope you will enjoy this MOC (quite useless since TLC already produce some one piece nice working canons) and the article that comes with. Don’t hesitate to make any comment and feedback!