 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 370
  New MOC - Medevac dropship

Hi folks, Having built something in traditional space grey with studs firmly on top (the tug) I thought I'd have a go at a more difficult model. The Medevac uses some technic-assisted SNOT to mount the quarter drums and the nose panel, although the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC - Medevac dropship

Wow! That is great! I really like all the interior space in this small vessel. The rotating doors with the extended ramp is cool, too! As for the construction techniques... waffle away! -JHK (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC - Medevac dropship

2 for 2 Will!! Fantastically unorthadox design, just crammed with so many goodies...the iso-surgery chamber stands out in this respect. When I saw the first pic, I was thinking the front was going to open up like a C-130 to gain access, but I was (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC - Medevac dropship

(...) detail. Thanks, George (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC - Medevac dropship

I'm rather curious as to how you managed to attach the side panels...please waffle!! BTW, what exactly is the dome thing on the starboard side? Great pictures...could you perhaps take a few of the Medevac partially disassembled (to show the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC - Medevac dropship

Woah, and you say this is your second attempt at Space building??? Liar... j/k ;-) Seriously, that is one incredibly original craft you got there Will. I love your use of those new cylinders, and the SNOT-intensive design. Oh, and extra props go for (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC - Medevac dropship

Thanks for the kind comments! (...) What a neat idea. I really like the idea of making a military variant in grey, and then the front could easily open as you describe. The side unit geometry would accomodate the 4x2 old-style plate hinges nicely, I (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC - Medevac dropship

(...) Maybe that's overstating it a bit. I used to build lots of classic space when I was a kid, and I dabbled in Aquazone a few years ago, to no great effect (but I do have some lovely yellow parts!) I also built a B-wing after the first round of (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC - Medevac dropship

(...) I'll have to wait for another nice day for 'photos - the weather here seems to have turned sour again... (...) In lieu of pix, perhaps a thousand (or hopefully fewer) words will suffice. Please excuse any dodgy brick terminology - I don't (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC - Medevac dropship

(...) Heh, yeah I was just kidding... Sorry dude... ;-) (...) Studs, that's what holds the "roof" in place. Studs also keep the rear hatch "locked". (...) Oh for sure; adding details just raises the "cool factor". :-D (...) Mladen Pejic, over and (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC - Medevac dropship

That would be amazing...I think your design would compliment the role nicely, and give the rest of us 2 MOC's (the APC) for the price of one! I think the cylinders you used for the Medivac were the Rebel Blockade ones? I believe they are larger than (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC - Medevac dropship

(...) Very nice! I really like the unorthodox design, the clamshell doors and the detailed interior. I'm impressed with how much you managed to pack into a relatively small space. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff! - Paul (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC - Medevac dropship

this is one of the better mocs i've seen. i love the cylinders as doors and the 'bacta' tank and the cockpit on top i really like models that are this tidy, everything just so and in its proper place keep it up :-) -paul (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)