 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 277
  MOCs: 6-wide Fed Ex Van, 4-wide VW Beetles

All: Hi there, it's been quite a long time since my last post. (I recently moved, so now after 6 months I've finally unpacked all my Lego.) I've seen a few done before in Train layouts, so I thought I'd try my hand at creating a FedEx van: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide Fed Ex Van, 4-wide VW Beetles

(...) I saw this before you posted, but didn't realize it was built upside down. Very nice. Why'd you build it upside down? I definetly think a lot of the details (ie the headlights) benefited from the upside down building. Jonathan (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide Fed Ex Van, 4-wide VW Beetles

Hi, I like the Fed-Ex van, but I also was wondering why you did it upside down. Was this just as sort of a challenge to yourself? Or was there some particular detail you felt only worked with upside-down bricks? Bruce (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide Fed Ex Van, 4-wide VW Beetles

(...) Well, it's been worth the wait! (...) Golly! That's amazing. The wheel attachment mechanism is quite clever too, I don't believe I've ever seen that before. I'll have to try that sometime. It's impressive that you built it all upside-down, but (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide Fed Ex Van, 4-wide VW Beetles

(...) Thanks. Well, when I started building the truck, I knew I wanted to use upside-down 1x2x1 thin-walls for the front skirt (to represent the thin panel found in front of the front wheels.) So I knew I needed to "flip" some pieces. So, as I was (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide Fed Ex Van, 4-wide VW Beetles

(...) Is that back bumper piece Lego? I've got a very similar piece that's some clone brand (got it in an e-bay lot). Bruce (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide Fed Ex Van, 4-wide VW Beetles

(...) Yes, it is. I only have 2, they came in "Amazon Crossing". (see (URL) ... they're at the base of the little bridge.) I remember when I got it I thought it was strange, since "normal" slope pieces could have been used in the same place. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide Fed Ex Van, 4-wide VW Beetles

(...) That's a fairly common piece in some train sets. I never had any until I got the 4561 Railway Express, which has a bunch of them in white. (...) As you should! Silly putty, harrumph! ;-) though I can't off-hand think of a pure LEGO way of (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide Fed Ex Van, 4-wide VW Beetles

(...) Hmm. That's an interesting piece. the slope/stud arrangement is more like those curved slope pieces: (URL) a cute set, too. I particularly like the aligator munching on the bones of some past explorer. :) (...) I'm not hugely opposed to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs: 6-wide Fed Ex Van, 4-wide VW Beetles

(...) Thanks... The first time I thought of using these wheels backwards was last year when I built a bus, but I wasn't sure of a great way to attach them. (I just had them delicately balanced at the time.) :) But to attach them for real, you can't (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)