 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2037
2036  |  2038
Subject:
Brick Built Beasts volume 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 21:58:16 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

I have compiled an article with links to animal MOCs at approximately minifig
scale by a large number of AFOLS, which can be found on Classic-Castle.com's
how-to page:

http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/articles/brickbeasts.html

This was compiled initially to help add details to castle layouts, but these
animals would fit equally well in train and town layouts.  These are roughly
minifig scale, though I use that term pretty loosely.

Please help me make this list better.  Follow up to this thread (or e-mail me at
bnh at chem dot ucla dot edu) if you have any of the following:

--Links to animal creations that are substantively different from those I have.
I'm not trying to be comprehensive, but to rather give ideas of the different
ways people have made different animals as inspiration to future builders, so I
didn't put up every variation on a similar design for a given animal.  I also
did this mainly by keyword searches on Brickshelf, Lugnet, and
Classic-castle.com, so  I could have easily missed many things, such as those on
personal websites or those that show up as details buried in a huge folder of
train layout pics.

--Proper names for those places where I had to use Brickshelf usernames.

--Proper attribution if I did not link to the initial creator of a particular
design (e.g. who came up with the sheep design using grill plates?  I've seen
pics in many different Brickshelf folders with this design.).

--A nickname if you would rather I not use your proper name on this page.

I'd like to thank all the people who actually made the MOCs I link to here.
Without you this would be a link to my one rabbit MOC.

I'm currently working on volume 2, fantastic animals - ogres and griffons and
dragons, oh my!  If you have any good links along these lines, please post those
to this thread and I'll try to incorporate them.

Bruce