 Castle / 19862
Re: Brick Built Beasts volume 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 06:34:48 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   Hi all,

I have compiled an article with links to animal MOCs at approximately minifig scale by a large number of AFOLS, which can be found on Classic-Castle.com’s how-to page:

http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/articles/brickbeasts.html

This was compiled initially to help add details to castle layouts, but these animals would fit equally well in train and town layouts. These are roughly minifig scale, though I use that term pretty loosely.

Please help me make this list better.

Snip

Thanks, Bruce. This promises to be an excellent resource. I’ve already gathered a few ideas from it.

The sheep design that I have been copying (as you have linked and other permutations) are based on a design by Tom Rafert. One of his flocks may be seen in the (rather large) picture in his gallery. I take the blame for the lambs in my pics, however. And, the ram’s horns are an innovation of mine barely worth mentioning. They also appear on my MOC page, but I must warn you that that site contains song viruses and like the following paragraph, puns.

While I’m tooting my own horn here(1), I thought I’d mention my ducks which are a little different from the others that you have linked so far. That folder also contains loons, but they may be too freakish and spacey(2) for castle and town.

Thanks again, Bruce.

Peace and critters,

Professor Whateverly

(1) Well, I did warn you...

(2) On reflection, they look a bit like vultures if they were waterfowl. Perhaps another cloning gone awry?...