 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1060
1059  |  1061
Subject:
Medieval Marketplace Town Square (with 20 shops)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 23:24:52 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

       Hi all,

           Here is my largest marketplace layout to date. 20 shops on 32
16x16 lots :

   I hate to whine but the pictures really turned out terrible compared to
the actual effect, but hey. The whole thing was built in a hotel in under a
week, out of about 6 shoeboxes. Then I found I had to leave early so all I
could do was snap some pics between demolishings.
   One more note. I tried to add some interesting life snippets eg The man
getting hit by the apple intended for the stocks, the princess and
bodyguards, the 'plank accident', and the escaping convict....  Let me know
what you think.
       For those who want to see any building by itself you can see all of
them (I think) here:

     If anything is missing that you want to see I probably have a pic
somewhere so email me ( njt@london.com ).

        For the extremely detailed here is a list of shops and products : )
   (The links are for the fronts of the stores but most of the backs are
pictured in the folder above).

1-3) The Barrel Maker, Twin Hawk Tavern, and Sculptur:

4-6) The Armour Polisher, Currency Exchange, and Map Maker:

7)  The rather cool Boat Builder's (note the great sign)

8)  The Bazzar Store

9)  The Horse Accessory Store (one of my faviorites).

10) Again, with the Self Defence School:

11-12) The Chariot Store and another one under construction (shouldn't be
counted in the total but 20 sounds better then 19 : ) ):

13-14) The Garden Store and the 'Rent a Squire Store' (for pour knights
attending tournaments):

15) The Doctor's:

16) The Flag Shop:

17) The Building Supply Store (stone mason and window and doors, wouldn't
that make a great accessory pack? : )  :

18) The Silver Store (by invitation only):

19) The Roof Tile Store:

20) The Custom Crossbow Store (obviously out of bricks by this time...) :

   And for free here's the Fountain and Stocks:

   Oh and here is the back of the map shop because I like it : )  :

     Please tell me what you think,

              God Bless,

                       Nathan