 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1056
  Don't you see it?

Looks like an energy wave.... Enough to hide a ship? Red alert! (URL) pictures will be uploaded soon! Joe Meno (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Don't you see it?

"Joe Meno" <jmenomeno@aol.com> wrote in message news:HE6w7J.19s0@lugnet.com... (...) I love the little movie you made! Excellent presentation and excellent microfig work Joe. One of the many things like this I can't wait to see at BrickFest. Qapla! (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Don't you see it?

Very cool, Joe. You've really captured the essence of the ship. Bruce (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Don't you see it?

(...) Thanks! I've been wanting to do a movie clip like that, and I finally figured out how to do the Bird of Prey while driving ...(my best ideas happen on the road, it seems). Also the Bird of Prey is my favorite ship out of the Star Trek (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Don't you see it?

(...) Thanks! The design breakthrough was figuring out the 'radiators' ...I thought of that while I was driving and sketched the idea on a scrap of paper...And after that it was the head design that was tough to figuer. It took me three tries before (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Don't you see it?

This is the second time I've replied to a post and it disappeared into the Neutral Zone. Weirdo. Anywho, a wonderful rendition of the Big Bad Bird Joe....the litte bit of piping around the bridge is just perfecto. Cheers, -G (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Don't you see it?

Cool! I've never seen Star Trek, but I like the many designs of their ships. You've done this well. The details are great on this little microfig guy. What program did you use for the .mov? -JHK (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Don't you see it?

(...) I already told you what I thought of the ship itself (it's very cool, and if it's not accurate then it's close enough to fool my memory), so... Nice special effects. They compliment the model well. -Andrusi && Sanity not included. (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Don't you see it?

(...) Thanks! One of the trademark items on the Bird of Prey is the 'eyebrow' , so I spent some time and did three versions of the head before I made this one. Now, if I could figure out how to place aome red feathers without getting the wings too (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Don't you see it?

(...) Thanks! It was a fun projcet! (...) I began my space fan years in Star Trek - the Original Series, thank you very much!- soI have always liked the designs of the ships. The bad thing is that Star Trek design philosophy was generally (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Don't you see it?

(...) It's not completely accurate, but it has the same feel as the original. There are some things that cannot be done at the scale I made it, unfortunately. I just wanted to make my favorite ship out of all of them!! And thanks for the compliments (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Don't you see it?

(...) Joe, I completely missed this but I'm glad I now have seen it. That lil movie is great--cool fade in! The ship itself is excellent (although not familiar with Star Trek I can say the detailing is great for microscale). Sorry to hear you had a (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Don't you see it?

(...) Apparently a lot of people missed this...next time, I don't make such a generic thread title:) (...) My weekend was rough because I had to do 72 hours of work in 48, it felt like. ..nothing truly bad, fortunately. Life is good again right now, (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Don't you see it?

(...) I should have responded sooner! I love it! I want my own little Klingon BOP and D7 fleet! :) (...) Isn't that ALWAYS the case, though? (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.space)