 Announcements / 606
  LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

Greetings! I've just secured arrangements with Lego Direct to exhibit LDraw at the Kidvention in Legoland California this summer, from July 12-15. This display will consist of: High quality posters of renderings done using LDraw [1], information on (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) I will most likely be bringing my laptop to legoland then.. Loan?? lol (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

Tim, I just noticed this. We'll talk it over at today's LUGOLA meeting. Your timing was perfect. 10.5 hrs until the meeting begins.... -Dave (who should be sleeping, but isn't) (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) Out of interest: Which models are you displaying? Fredrik (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) Great!! Could you also see if anyone is willing to put up a young AFOL for a few days too? :) I could stand to save a little $$ on hotel. And, if anyone has access to a professional collapsible backdrop display, that could help us out too. (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) So far, My E-43 Transport ((URL) K's X-Wing and Apache Helicopter Eric Kingsley's B-Wing (in all its first MOTM glory) :) We'll be asking for/selecting a few more once we discuss the operation further. If you have a really neat one and want to (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) Those are all great models.. but I strongly hope that the final list covers a wider variety of model types, not just space/flying machines! Kevin (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) Good point. That's the problem you get when a couple spaceheads run the display ;) I'll make it a point to incorporate other types. -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) I'm now "officially" an AFOL. I had my 18th birthday recently. I might be able to make it to the convention, I already have lodging, I just need the time and the funds. As it is, I can only go for three days. If that is the case, then I would (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) Agreed. There is more to LEGO than space. Indeed, I would argue that the most creative models are those that represent things already built in real life such as buildings and current day vehicles, rather than things from the imagination. But (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) I agree as well. Again, this is the problem you get when a couple spaceheads run a display ;) It'd be nice to have some train models, because the train layout is going to be right across the tent from us. (...) 99% of the time. We're going to (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) Mee too....well in February. :) (...) Ok, email me closer to the date when your plans are more set, and I'll see if we still need some. You're definitely welcome to chill with us at the booth! :) (...) Great job! But thats a *really* hard job (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) most (...) such (...) imagination. (...) don't (...) Thanks for the clarification! I think you're spot on. (...) That sounds pretty swell. (...) generated (...) I do have physical models for all of that except the blue version of the hopper. (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LDraw to display at Legoland California for Kidvention

(...) :( You're going to miss some serious festing....hope you can make it . (...) Sure there is. To lighten my load travelling, either you could send them with John Neal, or ship them to Terry K or Mike P. When you get ready to loan them out we can (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland.california)