 Announcements / 3394
  New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

Hi folks, the LDraw.org Administration Team would like to introduce a new contest. It will be called: POTM – Part Of The Month It is no news that programs get most of the spotlight and little goes to "the unsung heroes of the LDraw CAD world" - this (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad) !

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

(...) I think it's a great idea to put the part authors in the spot light. But isn't one view a bit limited? Especially for the more complex / non symmetrical parts. Just my 2 cents :) Roland (17 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

(...) What about 4? Front, Top, Side and Iso Tim (17 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

(...) please consider that the part is available for download at the PT and you can have a closer look than an entire gallery of pics would allow. I could include the link to the part in the contest though (but I have to check back with orion (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Willy Tschager wrote: ... (...) ... I think having a direct link to the part would be a great idea. <shameless self-promotion> You could even include a .dat file that contains exactly one line: a reference to the part. (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

--snip-- (...) Not by hand... that's what Perl is for ;) Tim (17 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

(...) I set up a test contest which does exactly this. ultimately the file would be stored at ldraw.org. click on it and instead of saving on your disk open it with LDView. (URL) (17 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

(...) Well, that shows off a possible flaw in my suggestion. LDView doesn't automatically download unofficial versions of official parts. The part in your example has an official version, and that gets shown instead of the one on the tracker. (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

This is a really great idea... But I find it a little difficult to see how you can participate unless you're one of the small handfull of reviewers with a constant level of high activity: If you aren't paying really close attention to the PT on a (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

(...) niels, what do you think content managers are for? voting will be of course a piece of cake! just like MOTM/SOTM. luckily I've already started to set up a ballot and luckily I've got already some entries - have a look: (URL) cannot vote yet (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

(...) Hi Niels, I could be misreading you but just in case it reads as though you are assuming that the reviewers submit the part for voting. That is not the case, the author must submit their own part which means that if you've submitted something (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

In lugnet.announce, Willy Tschager wrote: Neat idea! (...) Note that this doesn't stop someone submitting an update of a part that already exists (in the official library). I actually think that's good - major reworks of existing parts *should* be (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

Ok, I just woke up 30 minutes ago after far too few hours of sleep (as usual), and realized that I should've just shut up and see how things unfolded... considering how many times the well meaning people of this community have managed to make things (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM Part Of The Month

I have an idea about the ldraw contests. Why not send an email when a new entry is added to the webpage? Without some sort of reminder, I most likely wont even think to go vote. James (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw Contest: POTM Part Of The Month

(...) hi james, all entries will be collected throughout the month and then added to the page - offline. when voting starts no new entries will be added. just think of the MOTM/SOTM contest. it wouldn't be fair. what you are seeing right now will go (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)