 Announcements / 2729
    Jake Chat II - Transcript —Benjamin Ellermann
   This past Saturday at <www.classic-castle.com> we had a second chat with Jake McKee. Our members had excellent questions. You can see the transcript here: (URL) Ben Ellermann CC Events Admin (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Marc Nelson, Jr.
     (...) I'm curious about this exchange from Jake's chat: Daimyo Jake, you have stated on Lugnet that the color changes would be limited to grays. Daimyo But what about the new yellow color change? sink21 no, not really... what I said was tha the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

         Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Dave Schuler
      (...) This baffles me. Hasn't the color-consistency of LEGO been praised as one of the factors setting it above its competitor clone brands? And now we have more or less official confirmation that color-variance is expected and (presumably) (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

          Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript Jake McKee
      (...) I read it as regular yellow, not the light yellow. Light yellow could have been one of the pastel colors that was modified. I'll check on this. (...) OK, to clarify: What I'm saying is not that our quality control has gone out the window. The (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

          Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Dave Schuler
      (...) Hi Jake! We can all accept that minor variance may be unavoidable during production, but in the past a Certain Other Brand has been blasted for failing to maintain laser-precise color consistency, so it seems that LEGO is getting a pass on (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

         Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Benjamin Medinets
     (...) This is not an "official" response, but I think that Jake was trying to say that the Yellow and Purple and some other non new colors had some quality control issues. I would also like to point out that these issues could be pointed to using (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Thomas Main
   (...) I don't know why I bother to read these sessions. I am usually left feeling worse about TLC than I would have had I not bothered. One exchange, in particular bugged me this time: [architect] ok, next to Jojo then [Jojo] Who is in charge for (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Benjamin Medinets
     (...) Another "unofficial" response: I think we can all make the general inference that the sets were at once ordered and structured. Lego itself is too disorganized, it doesn't know its right hand from its left, therefore, you have a disorganized (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —David Koudys
     (...) On the flip side, I was very excited to see the 'outreach' that these types of sessions offer--how many companies do you know that allow a 'one-on-one' with a representative, free of charge? Especially one that we have a personal vested (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript Jake McKee
   (...) Not to make a bigger issue of this comment than was meant, but I am going to step in here quickly. Please remember that I'm but one person. I do my level-headed best to get and distribute as much information about "everything LEGO" as I (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Marc Nelson, Jr.
     (...) snip (...) Submitting questions in advance would be fine with me - I'd rather have the best information than the quickest information. Perhaps a monthly poll could be held to determine the questions most in need of answering. I'd like to see a (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

         Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Rocco J. Carello
     (...) Hi, I really like this idea, it's very similar to what I was thinking. Perhaps something like 2 weeks to submit questions, a few days for an admin to edit and mash together similar questions, and then 2 weeks to vote on your favorites. Then, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

         Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript Jake McKee
     (...) This has actually been happening on FBTB.net (Ask LEGO Forum) for several years. And yes, the questions have dwindled over time. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Benjamin Ellermann
     In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote: snip (...) This is definitely a problem with chats. more snipping (...) I do not think that pre-submitted questions would alter discussions of chat questions very much. Some people will be happy with answers you (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Agree. Save the spontaneous discussion for one on one bull sessions where no one is scribing so your words can't get twisted around... (1) This moves you more in the direction of a PR flack, which is not much fun, so do the scripted questions (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Rocco J. Carello
   (...) Hi Jake! I believe a chat has a strong appeal due to it's interactive nature, and people like to be able to have a conversation with somebody in a position like yours. However, while reading the posts in this thread and reflecting on the chat, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)