 General / 49315
Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:16:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:

snip

   And this is the problem with chat and text based communication mediums... your point is not often communicated like you meant it.

This is definitely a problem with chats.

more snipping

   Sometimes I honestly wonder if doing chats and Q&As like this actually creates more problems than solutions. Perhaps these types of sessions should only be done with pre-submitted questions so I can find out the full, final answers before speaking out of turn about them.

Thoughts?

I do not think that pre-submitted questions would alter discussions of chat questions very much. Some people will be happy with answers you give and others will not, no matter how complete the answers are. Plus real time questions keep you on your toes and are more fun ;) Like finding out what a Sir Jake minifigure would look like :) Either way for the questions, most Classic-Castle members which I have spoken too are very grateful for you spending your time with us and have enjoyed both chats.

Ben E.