 Announcements / 2406 (-20)
  Getting Started With LEGO Trains - it's almost here!

After many months of hard work and waiting, my new book "Getting Started With LEGO Trains" is almost here! As we speak, the bulk of the books are on a ship on its way to San Francisco, and should arrive any time. I'll follow-up with a final release (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: GATS Display

Good Morning, here is a link to pix of our 1st Great American Train Show this last weekend: (URL) you enjoy. We are planning to do 3 more this year. Our Layout is a 8' x 12' table and we have plans to increase it to 12' x 12' with a 4' x 4' open (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.loc.us.mo.spr, lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl)

  Re: COLTC to dispaly at GATS, Feb 7-8, Columbus, OH. Our 1 year anniversary!!!

(...) Congradulations! We here in St. Louis just finished our 1st GATS with 3 more shows planned for this year. Here is a link to pix of our 'modest' 8' x 12' Layout. We are planning to attend the March GATS in Collinsville, Ill. with an expanded (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce)

  Still one month for submitting posters

Hi everybody! This is a reminder that the 2003-2004 LEGO Movie Poster Contest ends February 29th. There is still almost s month from now to then, and as usual, many people plan on waiting til the last minute before getting in, but there are only 5 (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce)

  COLTC to dispaly at GATS, Feb 7-8, Columbus, OH. Our 1 year anniversary!!!

Coming weekend, the Central Ohio Lego Train Club (COLTC) will have a 25x25 foot layout at the Columbus GATS, at the Ohio Expo Center (for directions visit www.coltc.org or www.gats.com). Show hours are 11 AM - 5 PM both days, Adult admission is $7, (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  The P-38 Lightning Space Contest

Hey guys. It's time for a contest: (URL) Like the page says, this is a contest for spacecraft that look like the Lockheed P-38 Lightning. I figure we can use a poll here on LUGNET to decide the winner, unless we get a massive amount of (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Dual Winners for LDraw.org's January Model Of The Month, February Voting Open

Yes, that's right, there is a tie for January Model of the Month. The competition was fierce and we came within 1 vote of a tie in the SOTM and missed a 3 way win in the MOTM by 1 vote as well. Congratulations to the winners: MOTM, Jorgen Andersson, (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  Transport to Moonbase PDX now available via New Seattle

It's too quiet in New Seattle... click the image to see what is (isn't) up! (URL) Where is everyone?!?>> (URL) Where indeed?> Brenda Rhodes has landed the Matriarch at New Seattle Moonbase, where she is making preparations for the journey to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Using dragon fly wings as train windows

Hi there, Ever since buying the Make & Create: Wild Collection (4101) I've had the idea of using the dragon fly wings as train windows. Also my brother Egil challenged me to build a train front using the large dark grey curved bricks he got me from (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town) !

  Build on Badge at BrickFest PDX 2004

Build on Badge at BrickFest PDX 2004 As you know the engraved name badge has become an adult fan of LEGO® event essential. And if you selected the full registration option for BrickFest PDX 2004 you will receive a new five color 1 x 8 brick badge. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  NYCLUG -- First Meeting 2/8/04 in NYC (Fingers crossed!)

Please highlight this item on LUGNET to increase visibility! While NYCLUG is still in its formative stages, rest assured that we’re past the first step and moving in the right direction. Thus far, we have more than a dozen people who’ve expressed (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Streamliner Dome Car for Santa Fe train by Brick Built Trains (J. Mathis)

Hello, everyone, This January 27, 2004, I would like to announce a streamliner dome car design to complement the official LEGO(R) Santa Fe(R) train set. The design features fully removable roof sections, a lift out upper deck of sets, spiral stairs (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  .Space Squares Beware

I've heard talk of this evil around here for awhile, but I've never seen one, until now. It's... the Space Hippies! Both are powered by insidious free-love drives. First up is their one-man fighter craft, armed with 3vil flower power cannons, and (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce)

  Toy & Hobby Expo Show Report - Town/Train & Space Layouts

MichLUG was happy to participate in the Toy & Hobby Expo in Novi, Michigan for a second year. This year we expanded our showing to include a Moonbase layout and a table for some large Model Team style creations by Steve Ringe and some Bionicle (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.modelteam, FTX) !!

  * LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) 1.53 released *

LDDesignPad (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. Features are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at the same time -Unlimited Undo/Redo -Use/define codesnippets (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  DNS outage, service restored

My apologies to everyone who was unable to reach the server for the better part of the past day. I had thought the lugnet.com domain had been renewed through 2005, but it actually was up for renewal this year, with expiry on January 18. (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  NALUG show pictures at GETS 2003

We finally have organized the pictures people took of NALUG's train layout at the Great Edmonton Model Train Show in late 2003. (URL) Highlights include: * new DCC system * transfer table * working Bascule bridge * rotary hopper dumper Kudos to (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug) !!

  Brick Tales has moved

Hi all, My site, Brick Tales, probably best known (assuming it is known) for my on-going Lord of the Rings project, has moved (a bit). The new url is: (URL) you have links to my site, well, first, thank you, and second, please update them (basically (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce) !

  Master Builder Competition

Jeff Elliott and I stopped by LLCA this morning on the way to Day 63 of the SCLTC display at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum in order to see what was going on at the master builder competition. The event got underway very promptly at 10:00 as (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Aaron Sneary Rocks!

I just Learned that Aaron Sneary was selected as one of three to be offered the position of master builder! Way to go Aaron! Christina Hitchcock (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact