 Announcements / 1124
1123  |  1125
Subject:
Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:30:55 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

...In working up the historical set display plans, I was hoping to get an idea
from people what historical sets they would be bringing. We are hoping to
assemble as compleat a collection as possible and hope that we can get the
support of people planning on making the fest.

...Most of the "recent" sets are coming from local collections where possible
and will likely account for the bulk of the display. What I would like to know
is if anyone has some of the older sets, boxes, or even just instructions or
catalogs they would like to bring. The sets do not have to be assembled or in
box (tho being assembled if not in box is a big plus so the pieces don't get
lost). Even old boxes or old rare pieces are treasures that we would love to
have on display.

...Last year we had a nearly compleat collection of technic/expert builder,
including all the "supercars". We had a display of the model team sets. A nearly
castle-compeat set display. Other highlights include the Constellation (398),
some boxes and sets from the early 80s and several 1970s early system sets and
even a few boxes dating back to the 60s.

...If you would like to contribute to the display, please drop a note into the
lugnet.events.brickfest group. I'm hoping to compile a list of sets we plan to
have so I can make display cards of some type. (a list of set numbers would be
wonderful. I can use it to help eliminate duplicates so not too many people
bring the same thing :-)

...PS: and just so people know who to thank for making the display possible, I
want to include a "from the collection of XXXX" line on the cards... this will
also make sure that everyone gets back the sets they brought.

Area Coordinators (Pirate, Castle, Train): Displays appropriate to your areas
should prolly just be coordinated primarily through you and stationed in your
rooms. I'll just make up the cards and give them to you to work with at the fest
if you tell me what sets u will have.
---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

BrickFest 2001!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com