 Animation / 494
Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:27:03 GMT

Lemme chime in here with my opinion on the matter. This was the first
animation festival I have ever attended, having missed last years. I was
blown away, truely impressed with all the entries (thanks again Todd).
Unfortunately the sheet that contained the names of the films and their
creators was used to vote, so I will have to describe the films from memory.
Comedy was the first batch of entries shown and all the movies were
hillarious, My personal favorites were The new computer, Really deep space,
and one where three classic space guys go forward in time. Riteous laughter
during several of these. Then during intermission they showed the rtlToronto
guys building the newspaper headline and Eric Sophie showed off his
terrifying garage full of mech's. Then came the general catagory, where I
was again impressed with some awesome entries. This time my favorites were
one about Paul Revere, and one about a guy being shrunk down to minifig size
and having to fight Darth Vader. Again some amazing entries all around.

The issue that Larry is discussing is true, the festival was held fairly
late on the second evening right before closing ceremonies and the drawing
for prizes. Several people just weren't into committing that much time to
the festival. So you combine the elements of the late hour, the anticipation
of prizes, the length of some of the movies, and just the general
disinterest that some AFOL's have in animation; and you can understand some
folks displeasure. Personally I loved it, and continue to scour the web for
copies so I can watch them again and show some of them to my wife.

Sorry for the non-specific remarks, and sorry if I missed your film, they
were all great, I just have a rotten short term memory.

Scott