 Animation / 152
Re: New LEGO Toys Based on Jurassic Park III
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 21:18:51 GMT

The larger dinos are *definitely* much larger than the Adventurers dinos.  I
was a little disappointed at first with the Juniorised feel of the sets, but
as I studied the images I realised that, in fact, the same pieces (esp. the
body pieces) were used in multiple ways in the different models.  In fact, the
typical larger dino body was, in fact, two of the same piece, connected at the
middle!  It's hard to explain without pictures, but when you see them it'll
make sense.

At any rate, as I kept looking at the pictures I became more and more happy
with these sets.  I imagine they will be popular with anyone who wants to make
big "monsters" to terrorise minifigs (or other scale LEGO figs), from Castle
builders to Space builders to sadistic Town builders who watched too many
monster movies as a kid.  :D

I'm fairly interested in seeing what can be done with them.

eric

This was *exactly* my reaction. Thanks for putting it into words. Now people
will really be able to build dragons.

Jonathan