 Animation / 160
Re: New LEGO Toys Based on Jurassic Park III
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 01:43:19 GMT

In lugnet.publish.cinema, Christian Gemuenden writes:
So, obviously nearly everyone has already seen the images that appeared on
brickshelf and disappeared no later. I am really surprised that nobody has
made them available at a different server.

You're surprised that people are showing respect for LEGO's privacy?

However, many people seem to remember the contents of these images.

Well, to make it easier for everyone else to imagine what these dinosaurs
look like, here's a scan of the most important new elements:
[...]
It's no retailer image or anthing like that, so I don't think it's any
problem to put that one up.

Are you a lawyer and/or have you consulted with one?  Where did the image
originate?

It's more than unfair that a few people already own these sets while
others are not even allowed to see pictures of them, geez!

Are you saying that other people have already bought these sets and/or
pieces through legitimate retail channels?  I find that hard to imagine,
given the JPIII isn't out yet and these sets haven't even appeared in a
catalog yet.

Although these new large dinosaurs are not [...] and that really gets
boring after a while! [...] and other things)...

When you talk about details like this, be aware that you might very likely
be breaking LUGNET's Discussion Group Terms and Conditions, which requires
that you do not violate the privacy rights of others.  I am not a lawyer and
I cannot give you legal advice, but if I were you I would be considering the
potential consequences of my actions very carefully as I go forward.

Hopefully, the mysterious retailer images will be out in consumer-format
soon, which should make it a lot easier for us to talk about these things.

It shouldn't make it easier -- it should make it possible.  You shouldn't be
talking about stuff like this publicly if LEGO doesn't approve of it.  And I
think you have the common sense to know whether or not they do.

--Todd